It's Wednesday, the day after America voted to elect Senator Obama in as our next President of the United States. I must say that it's been in some ways a depressing day for me, and in some ways not.
I saw a lot of people at the 'Y' today... jokingly saying to myself that they're all here because they're as discouraged as I am about the outcome of yesterday's voting. LOL I know I'm not right about this...I know I'm just thinking as if everyone else feels the way that I do, which is not true at all.
I talked to a few people today, wondering what the next 4 years are going to be like, and some of us shared the reasons for the way we voted the way we did. I was so surprised that even Indiana voted Democrat (which is almost unheard of)! I think Allen County (that's the county I live in) was the only metropolitan city that voted Republican (all others in Indiana voted Democrat).
SO...... I exercised, chatted with a good friend over some coffee, played with Preston in the living room, did some chores, and worshipped God in song at an A Hope Center appreciation dinner.
In the midst of feeling kind of lousy about the presidential outcome, I was reminded today that I have many many reasons to be thankful to God, and you know what? Whatever the next four years look like, whatever happens, I can be certain:
- That God will not be surprised (1 John 3:20)
- That God has ordained this, that HE alone is the only one of whom I should fear and revere (Isaiah 8:13, Luke 1:50)
- That there WILL BE oppportunities to glorify God in my actions, and faith(1 Tim. 1:19, 2 Tim.1:7).
I AM thankful that I never need to doubt who really is in control (Job 38-41). AMEN!