Monday, March 2, 2009

Blankets and Stuffies Overboard


We're creeping ever closer to the time when I will probably hear a loud thump, followed by a wailing baby cry....


Preston defied me for a while longer this morning during his nap time by standing in the crib and throwing everything except himself overboard. Usually I let him cry a while but it sounded like a cry for help so I checked him twice and the first time I saw the debris overboard I put it all back in the crib and laid him down on his back (which of course he did not like one little bit), but I'm a slow learner... I checked in on him again....within 5 minutes.


The second time I peeked in to check him, yep....the blankets and stuffies were on the carpet again, and he was screaming his head off while squatting in the crib.


I did not return to him his blankets (and stuffies) this time around, but waited until he gave up and fell asleep to place them on him.