
My foot feels great right now, but I need to accept the fact that it's not ready for the challenge of a half marathon....
I'm hoping everyone concerned that my stubborness would trump my better judgement can breathe a sigh of relief that I won't be participating in the 13-miler this Saturday.
There will be other races(God Willing)and I have truly learned a great deal about physical & spiritual disciplines in the process of training for this race. I am very happy that my foot will heal and that I could be up and running again (probably less than 9 miles at a time) in just a week or two.
Although I won't be running the half marathon I WILL be able to be present in Indy to support the others on my Youth For Christ team as well as to participate in walking in the 5k race, (which is only 3 miles) to support the YFC organization.
I will admit that this was not what I had had in mind, but that's okay with me. Just wanted everyone to be aware.
Thank you for supporting me in this adventure during the last few months and for being the voices of reason when mine may have been some other kind of voice. :) You can bet I'll be sporting my camera while in Indy to take a few pictures and share them here when I get back home.