Monday, July 6, 2009

Back from Vacation

We got back into town last night while it was still daylight. The weather and traffic were great both times we traveled, and that was just what I had prayed for. :)

Our vacation was full of memories and we really enjoyed seeing family once again. I can see Ethan enjoying fishing more and more, and this includes killing the fish, skinning them, and fileting them. Cousin Darren and Uncle Gary helped the most to show those interested how to do all of that. :) I think the total pounds of fish caught were at around 110lbs, of mostly Channel Catfish (i believe almost entirely)! Ethan's initial goal of 200lbs was a bit over the top, and then he changed it to 150lbs, but unfortunately the last couple of days we were at the lake it had rained, and so the fish weren't biting as much.

Just wanted to share a little for now. More to come on our vacation later, with pictures. :)