- I got up early enough to make Ethan's breakfast and lunch! That saved us $6
- Got my devos done before Preston woke up
- Almost did the splits on my bathroom floor from slipping
- Enjoyed watching AJ and PJ interact with each other while playing with cars, books, puzzles, the peek-a-boo game, and musical instruments (like almost anything PJ could bang on, or clang together, or bash in). They really laughed a lot together today
- Missed my husband while he was working
- Made a loaf of white bread (YUM) and then ate too much
- Sat in a gazebo overlooking our community pond with PJ while rocking on the swing with him (he tried to rock enough so that I didn't have to...what a nice gesture)
- Really appreciated all the hard work that Ethan did when he was home from work (mowed the lawn, finished staining the deck we were working on, moved the deck furniture and grill in storage, and tried to figure out how to fix two leaky toilet flush valves). He was exhausted by 9pm!
The THE END story for the day:
I was reading through one of AJ's books to the boys and AJ would turn the pages and gesture with his voice and finger that he wanted me to identify the object on each page for him (this was a book of baby's first toys, like a car, duck, blocks, balls, etc.). PJ and AJ were keeping their attention on me as I spoke. When AJ got to the last page, I shared what object it was, and he turned the book over to the back of the book, and I said "THE END" in a light singy-voice, and Preston THREW his hands up in the air and kind of sang "ALLLL DONE"(PJ typically will say "Done Done..." with the inflection that I say "All Done" during meal times)
Maybe it was just my tone of voice, but I'd like to think that it was Preston being the smart little guy to make that kind of association!