I had an appointment with the doctor this morning.
For the last two days, I've finally had steady reliably-there contractions that ranged from 7-15 min apart at times (but lately they have been around 10 minutes apart). The contractions have finally become uncomfortable and somewhat intense, though I can still talk through them. I was hoping that at the appointment today the doctor would give me some good news (that I've made lots of progress and Trevor is going to arrive today or tomorrow). :)
I am currently at 3cm dialated, and the doctor does believe that my contractions are not Braxton Hicks now, but they are the 'real-deal' and believes I will deliver Trevor on my own sometime this weekend. If I do not however progress from here by Monday, I will be admitted to the Hospital at 7am that morning, and they will try to help the pregnancy out a little by administering a 'safe' low-dose pitosin drip.
If the pitosin doesn't help, then we need to decide if they will break the bag of waters to help...and if that doesn't help over time... the doctor will perform a C-Section.
I am impatient but learning to keep on praising God for all of the blessings here (it's all great news actually....baby is fine, I am fine, body is progressing on its own, and we are only a couple of days from delivery either way)!
I should be so full of thanks for all of the good news here. I am working towards that attitude in all honesty! hahahhaha
Have a great evening!
Hillary