
Well, I registered this morning. I am going to run for YFC (Youth For Christ) on May 2, 2009 in Indianapolis, Indiana. I've signed up for the mini-marathon. The Mini has sold out in the past 6 years with over 35,000 registrants in 2008. The Mini-Marathon is the largest half marathon in the U.S., and overall, the fifth largest running event in America.
So how in the world did I come to think I should do this?:
I was at a YFC banquet that a friend I serve with at A Hope Center had invited me to, and I just happened to see a 3x5 card advertising this race, and actually got interested for the first time ever in thinking about running a mini-marathon. The most I've ever ran in an organized race (maybe ever) is 3 miles (a 5k)! hahahaha
Like I said....i hate running, but I turned to a friend of mine at the banquet, said this to her, and she laughed and said the same thing back at me....but we BOTH agreed that we'd run for a good cause!
I'll be spending December working up a running endurance so that I will be ready to train hard from January til May.
Pray for me to build a mental endurance that will outlast my body's endurance (which at the moment probably can't even handle 1 mile)! :)
http://www.500festival.com/marathon/
Like I said....i hate running, but I turned to a friend of mine at the banquet, said this to her, and she laughed and said the same thing back at me....but we BOTH agreed that we'd run for a good cause!
I'll be spending December working up a running endurance so that I will be ready to train hard from January til May.
Pray for me to build a mental endurance that will outlast my body's endurance (which at the moment probably can't even handle 1 mile)! :)
http://www.500festival.com/marathon/