Well, here we are close to calling it Mid-February, and I haven't blogged since December of last year. It's really amazing to me that I let our blog go so long without touching base here for the sake of just keeping everyone in the loop on our family. :( You have my apologies everyone...
Just a highlight overview of the last two months:
After returning home from Christmas ins Seattle (which was so wonderful by the way), I got a cold from Preston which turned into 3 weeks of a sinus infection that I underestimated greatly. I waited that long before going to a doctor for an antibiotic because I thought my body could kick this thing without help. LOL So that pretty much wraps up January in a nutshell (or should I say bathrobe with hot tea).
When I felt good enough to get my life back in order (and the house in order after days of neglect) I started to exercise again (with my February training schedule (for the mini-marathon in May) in mind).
As far as the training, I'm being consistent (a victory in itself) and really trying to link everything I do for this running event to a spiritual discipline/s. The furthest I have run without stopping so far is 4.25 miles (I know that because I was on a treadmill at 1.0 incline), but today I ran 3 miles. I'm simply following a training schedule for novice runners that I found online, which is helpful. The running event is only 12 weeks away! Yippeeee.
Preston came down with the stomach flu last Tuesday morning. Ethan and I came down with it by Wednesday evening, and we've all been recovering from that ever since. lol Preston's system must be out of wack because I still haven't been able to feed him any 'normal' food yet. He's stuck on baby cereal and applesauce with some goldfish crackers and water. Since he hasn't gotten sick in 2 days in a row, and it's been over a week, I think I'll try the milk on him tomorrow.... here's hoping stomach can finally handle it.
Hoping all is well with family in Indiana, Kansas, and Washington tonight. :)