Saturday, June 13, 2009

Maggie, our beloved dog

It was a sad day today for my family, a family of pet lovers, including myself.

I drove to Elkhart to help support my sister in putting down a family dog, Maggie today. Maggie was truly a dog that we ALL loved, and none of us wanted to see her go, but she was suffering from an 85% matastisized transitional carcinoma of the bladder, which basically means, it's one of the worst kinds of cancer a pet can get, and it is too big and ugly for treatment to be of any use...

My older sister was the original owner of Maggie, but in the last three years, Brooke has been her owner. We all loved her so much...she was an especially sweet, intelligent, and faithful dog.

I'm thankful that Ethan spent the day with Preston so that I could be able to make the trip today. I kept trying to encourage Brooke that this truly was the best thing for her do decide to do for Maggie; she was suffering (hasn't been able to urinate for a long while now, and was losing weight, wasn't eating much, and the cancer had gone into her veins).