I had left for Worship Team practice this morning before Ethan and Preston were up, but was surprised to notice that Ethan had never made it to church this morning. I looked around for him during Sunday School, and after class had checked my cell for messages. Ethan texted me and said "PJ is sick. Call home."
I called Ethan and he told me how his morning had gone. This is a basic paraphrase of what he said:
I woke up at around 8:00am and went to wake up Preston at around 8:30am. I opened Preston's door, and was met by surprise and Preston saying "Uh-Oh..." There was POOP everywhere in the crib! It was all over the mattress (diarrhea), it was all over Preston (arms, legs, forehead, lips, hands), and it was all over the wooden crib rails. I think Preston may have also thrown up, but I wasn't certain; the whole bed was a mess.
Yuck.
I tried my best to get Preston undressed quickly, and cleaned in the bathtub. I had two loads of laundry to do when all was said and done. Since this morning's surprise poop fest, Preston has not had another messy mess, and has acted as if he feels fine (no fever, no more diarrhea).
So Ethan, I'm proud of you for taking care of the situation the way you did! I know you don't like poop at all (LOL), and I'm especially glad I WASN'T THERE to clean up the mess!!!
haa haa haa :-)