Ethan and I went for a normal checkup one day after our anniversary (Wednesday) of this week, and were able to get a complete ultrasound scan on our developing baby! We didn't officially figure out that our baby was a boy until near the end of the ultrasound, but Ethan yet again, spotted the baby's 'package' earlier on...even before the nurse did. lol
The ultrasound seemed to suggest that the baby is doing just fine.. with a heartbeat at around 154bpm, and the various body measurments look good too! I'm currently into my 19th week and just feeling great, and praising God for this life that seems to be flourishing.
I got a little choked up during the ultrasound and afterwards in the hallway as we exited the office, and Ethan asked me what was wrong. He said, " aww, I knew you wanted a baby girl this time... are you sad that we're having a boy?" Ethan didn't understand that there wasn't even an ounce of me that was upset that this baby was not a girl.... I was just soooo happy to see the baby on the screen, and to see that he was doing well! :)
What a blessing it is to be able to carry him for a time... what a privilege being a parent is!