Friday, August 13, 2010

PJ's Red Bottom and Plea

Preston came down with a very red bottom the other day, and I mean the reddest bottom you can imagine.... poor little guy. I had given him two meals in a row the day before with tomato paste and sauce (pizza, then a pasta casserole)...and I think the acidity was just a little too much. I also think it could have been from teething yet again (he doesn't have all of his baby teeth yet believe it or not).

I didn't realize how sore his bottom had gotten until I changed that last diaper... Just before we changed it, he was starting to walk around as if he had ridden a horse for days (bow-legged), and he was careful when he moved... so when I tried to change his diaper, the crocodile tears started to fall in abundance. Of course, I took my time being as gentle as possible, but he was just hurting so bad, and he was crying and holding onto me, telling me 'no mommy, please don't...it hurts,....' :( I slathered on the Desitin, and placed his pull-ups on, and he still wasn't okay with things...

Preston: Mommy, kiss the boo boo....it hurts

Me: Oh honey, i'm sorry your bottom hurts, but the medicine will help your bottom to feel much better soon.

Preston: No Mommy....(pointing at his privates now)... it hurts...kiss the boo boo....kiss the boo boo...diaper off....kiss the boo boo...

Me: (half in tears now) Oh Sweety....

I hugged him and kissed my hand to the diaper, and then hugged him more... and after a minute, he was effectively distracted by playing in his cardboard fort. After a day, his bottom looks normal again thank goodness.